Chicken and Mushroom Pie
Author: Westin Gourmet
Prep Time: 40 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 1 hour 10 min
- 25g butter
- 225g button mushrooms, halved
- 250g mascarpone or full-fat cream cheese
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1/2 tsp English mustard
- 4 Westin Gourmet Chicken Breasts, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 300g ready-made puff pastry (but you can make your own if you wish)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C with a baking sheet inside to heat.
- In a large fry pan, melt the butter and gently cook the mushrooms until tender.
- In a large bowl, beat the mascarpone until soft.
- Use 125ml of milk and mix with the mustard and cheese to make the sauce and season with some salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken, chives and mushrooms with their juices to the cheese sauce and mix gently.
- Spoon the mixture into a pie dish and place a pie funnel in the middle to support the pastry lid.
- Roll your pastry out on a lightly floured surface until it’s about 5 cm larger than the circumference of the pie dish.
- Cut off a 3cm strip around the edge and press onto the rim of the pie dish lightly brushing with water.
- Lift the pastry lid on to and press the edges together to seal.
- Trim off the excess pastry (this could be used for decor if you wish) and glaze the lid with the remaining milk.
- Cut two slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Put the pie onto the hot baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.